Thursday, August 13, 2020

Jan & Pat, baby quilt totally done

 Current US COVID-19 deaths:  169,135

    Yesterday:  167,761

*****************************

So, I don’t want to jinx myself, but I think my sleep patterns are settling down into pre-surgery nights….and for that I am EXTREMELY grateful.  When you don’t get enough sleep or a good night’s sleep for several days in a row, it is hard to cope with anything!!!!


And the gift that keeps on giving....every 4 - 5 days, Michael picks another beautiful bouquet of hydrangeas for us to enjoy:




I started to work on binding the baby quilt Wednesday morning (8/12) and made good progress before Jan: 




showed up with lunches and peach milkshakes for me and Pat:  




Pat had completed a purse for Jan to give as a gift: 


and we got together for the hand off.  It was nice to sit around the kitchen table talking, but once again when everyone left…I took a nap!  Although I am feeling pretty good, my energy level is still not where it was pre-surgery….but that’s ok…I just take a nap every day :~).  I had such a big lunch that I really didn’t feel like dinner, so Michael just made a salad for his dinner….tomato pie Thursday night FOR SURE!!!  I worked on the baby quilt after dinner and it is done:


We lost electricity for a couple of hours in the evening, and it was kind of relaxing to sit in the living room, reading our books on our devices!  There were only 2 downsides….the house got very warm and we eventually opened up to the lanair, but then Lucy got stuck out there all night when we closed up as the air came back on  :~(.


Here are June's string blocks up on her design wall:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.