Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Day #2 of retreat

 Current US COVID-19 deaths:  166,273

    Yesterday:  165,617

*****************************

WOW – after my ‘2 steps forward Saturday and 1 step backwards Sunday’, I was up before 7 AM Monday morning (8/10) feeling much more like my old self.  My leg is very ache-y today, but I don’t care.  My energy feels more normal and my mental fog is gone.  I had a reasonable night’s sleep last night, so that is another thing to be grateful for.  I took an IBUPROFEN and got all of my morning chores done before Paula showed up around 9 AM:  


She was making decisions on grouping her batiks together:


and I worked on binding quilts:


We sewed until 3 PM and had company for most of the day (I don't understand how this is comfortable at all):











and Cookie was on her regular chair:


And thanks to Paula taking down another label: 



I had two totally finished (identical....so pretend you saw this picture twice  :~) quilts by the time she left.  

My honey came home from golf right when she was leaving, feeling very shaky and light-headed, so we both headed to the living room for a little lie-down  :~).  

After AMORE leftovers one final time, Michael had to some work to do for Jamie Harrison’s campaign, so I headed to my studio.  These pictures are taken just for my honey and are labeled ‘frustrated squirrel’: 




He finally bought a bird feeder than closes up when the weight of the squirrel hits it…I LOVE it!  

I continued to work on sub-cutting my strata, with Lucy in her regular spot:



 until joining my honey around 8:30 PM.

2 comments:

  1. Finally a picture of your smiling face! So nice to "see" you. What a great invention - a bird feeder that a squirrel can't get into.

    Inez

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great squirrel pics...and i think you took a Tylenol Arthritis pill!!

    LOVE U

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.