Sunday, August 9, 2020

 Current US COVID-19 deaths:  165,199

    Yesterday:  164,453

********************************

So, a little information for those of you who don’t know anyone who’s had a hip replacement.  When you have a hip replacement, the normal/average recovery time is 3 months.  My PT guy told me I really should be careful for a year, but that at the end of 3 months, most of the healing should be well on its way and most of the prohibitions I am now under should be removed.  Right now I’m at 1 month and a couple of days…so what does that mean?  It means that for probably another 2 months you’re going to hear me complain (or as I like to think of it….document how things are going so that if/when I get my knee replacement (which will be tougher and more painful and a longer recovery) I will be able to look back in the blog and see that I was still making progress/etc).  Actually, at the 2 week mark, one of my friends (a former nurse and Thursday quilter) told me that I was lucky I felt well enough to sew as many people lost all desire to do things that they loved for a much longer period of time!!!


Another night of crappy sleep….oh well!  I haven’t seen Paula in forever, so she came to visit Saturday morning (8/8) and we talked for hours…it was terrific!!!!  I barely had 15 minutes to get my blog out once she left (I need to post by NOON each day in order for it to get picked up by the sweep and sent out in an email), then headed back upstairs for a bit of breakfast.  My honey was home by the time I finished…with another 85, but no birdies  :~(, and after talking for a bit we both headed to the studio.  I can’t trim the baby quilt until I clean off my cutting surface, so I started to sew together and sub-cut the strips: 


I had cut for a new project.  I also had a good, long talk with Pat, and that cheered me up as well.  


Michael and I decided to get take out from a new restaurant called AMORE….we shared a crab stuffed mushroom appetizer: 


and for the entrée, Michael got fettucini alfredo with shrimp: 


and I got lobster stuffed ravioli:  


Both of our dinners were yummy and we have leftovers for another night.  

There is some golf tournament on from California, so Michael watched that in the evening while I headed back to the studio to continue sewing strata.  I believe I did the stairs 5 times today….definitely a huge change from even just 2 weeks ago!  By the end of the day, I decided it had been a really good day  :~).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.