Monday, August 10, 2020

Retreat day returns!

 Current US COVID-19 deaths:  165,617

    Yesterday:  165,199

The United States has now reported more than 5 million cases of Covid-19. To put that in perspective, it took the country 99 days to reach 1 million cases, but it only took 17 days for cases to rise from 4 million to 5 million. And that’s not the only dire statistic. More than 97,000 children tested positive for coronavirus in the last two weeks of July, according to a new medical report. That’s a 40% increase in child cases across the states and cities that were studied.

********************************

I had a good night’s sleep overnight (not great, but better than it has been), so you’d think I would have leapt from the bed Sunday morning (8/9).  Unfortunately we got a very late start and I felt like I was in a mental fog all morning and totally drained energy-wise!  Michael took Cookie for a walk (apparently we both slept through the 5.1 earthquake that roared through at 8:08 AM) and when he got home we had pancakes and leftover bacon for breakfast:  




I got my blog out then hurried back upstairs to put together yoghurt cups for Michael (the yoghurt had been fermenting overnight in the crokcpot):



When I came upstairs, this was Cookie - totally sacked out from I have no idea what!!!



It was finally time to set up for a retreat day with Paula:  

I really was fumbling around and unable to concentrate until around 2 PM when I finally felt more like myself.  Paula is working on beautiful fabric:


and I am working on binding several quilts.  It's so nice that I can look out the window when sewing and see our hydrangeas plus our beach roses:


And Paula, bless her heart (and I mean that in the Yankee sense meaning thank God this woman is so nice to do this for me) is sewing down my labels as I am putting on the binding.  I HATE hand sewing, plus I stink at it, so she graciously hops over to a chair near me and stitches them right down!!!  

It was too funny....before Paula left, we were just sitting at the table talking and I guess Cookie decided that Paula had ignored her long enough and suddenly jumped/squeezed herself in between the table and Paula's lap:




Paula left before dinner and Michael and I had AMORE leftovers.  I had hoped to head downstairs and do a bit of cutting, but my energy level was nowhere to be found, so I just read in the living room for a bit and was in bed before 10 PM.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.