Thursday, May 31, 2018

Loree top finished, colorwash quilt loaded, HST's


WOW – I cannot believe it has been raining for DAYS and DAYS and today (5/30) is overcast once again!!  I SKYPE’d with Janice in the morning, then headed upstairs at 10:30 to make some breakfast while Michael was out running errands and hitting the grocery store.  After that I finished up the second border on the Loree quilt:  


While I still wish I had had enough dark blue for the outside border, the green I used is very close in pattern and color to a green within the quilt…so I guess that worked out.  It's big enough now for a Beds=Dreams quilt.

Next up I loaded a double length of 108’’ wide backing and got the colorwash quilt loaded, ready to be quilted.  














I got it all basted and got the program set up and 2 rows of quilting done before dinner.  














I know it's a bit hard to see, but the pattern is called CALM CLOUDS.  It has lots of soft swirls that I thought would work well with the very soft colors in this quilt.

We had leftover pizza for dinner and while watching TV in the evening, I worked on trimming and pressing more HST’s:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.