Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Black Vortex going together


My honey was up and out early for golfing at Redbridge on Monday (4/30).  He warned me they would be back late because it is so far away.  My goal was to quilt on the customer quilt while sewing together Black Vortex.  By the time I went upstairs at 3:30 to do a bit of housework, the quilting was done:  



and I had made really good progress on Black Vortex as well:  

















And I got in lots of snuggling with my kitties  :~).  I can’t seem to resist playing and snuggling with them.  After we played for a good while, they settled in to a favorite spot:


















Michael came home while I was upstairs and we talked for a bit before he headed out to the lanair for a little nap.  We had leftover pizza for dinner and I sewed for a bit after dinner and got all of the blocks of Black Vortex sewn into rows:

















Stash Report = Well…I’m still in the red from my buying spree in February, but I’m doing my best to claw my way into the black.  For the month of April I bought 8 yards of dark blue fleece (on an incredible sale for my Quilts of Valor) and I used 16 yards on various projects …..so I’m 8 to the good.  Year to date I’ve bought 120 yards of fabric and used 87 yards, so I’m still 33 yards in the hole…but I’m working on it  :~).

1 comment:

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.