Wednesday, May 2, 2018

roses


My honey had a dentist appointment Tuesday morning (5/1), but he didn’t leave until he made me breakfast:  


I had another day clear of any commitments, so of course I spent it in my studio  :~).  First up was getting Barb’s quilt off of the frame and getting the bobbin ends woven in and getting it trimmed.  That took quite awhile as there were 5 bobbins and for some reason the top thread also broke several times.  After that I got almost all of the rows of Black Vortex sewn together.  I took a break in the afternoon and picked up Paula…we went around 2 neighborhoods (B & V) to hand out flyers for Volunteers and to get caught up on all of our talking!  By then it was late and my honey left to pick up Larry and see THE AVENGERS, while I SKYPE-ed with Janice for 1-1/2 hours.  After that I got the final seam sewn on Black Vortex and figured out how many strips I need for borders, and got a label stitched out for my customer:


When my honey came home we both sat and read for about an hour before bed.

Our beach roses have been blooming for about 2 weeks, but our regular ones are just starting to come out….aren’t they gorgeous?  















I picked 2 and put them on my honey’s nightstand so he would be surprised at bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.