Tuesday, May 8, 2018

iris, long kitty, convergence, Susan


Michael trimmed our irises and picked a particularly beautiful one: 




before leaving at 8:10 for golf at Charlotte National on Monday (5/7).

I put together Janice’s oriental salad:  


then headed to the studio…thrilled at the prospect of an entire day to work on my quilting!  I kicked off a second wing for another butterfly:  


then dropped back to quilting on Black Vortex.  While that was going on, I continued to work on HST’s for my Hunter’s Star quilt:  


There are tons of them to be done and it is a slow process.  When Michael came home around 3 PM (with a 77!!!!!  SEVENTY SEVEN!!  And one birdie....he doesn't remember ever putting together 2 rounds under 80 in a row before :~), he thought he’d relax on the lanair for a bit….and Ethel relaxed right along with him:  




Do you believe low L_O_N_G that kitty looks???  By then my newest butterfly was all finished, and I put it on my convergence, convinced I would love it:

here's what it used to look like

here's with new butterfly

I hate it  :~(....way too light in color....I have to drop back to plan...."G"?

We both hopped in the shower and got ready for our dinner company.  Susan is back from a 2 week visit to Italy 


and we wanted to hear all about it…PLUS Susan is moving at the beginning of June to an assisted living facility in the mountains, so we wanted to talk about that as well.  It will be really hard once she moves….I still remember on the second day in our new house here….I was unpacking things in the kitchen and she came over to bring us some soup for our dinner.  We have been friends since then…have done lots of things together, and she will be SORELY missed.  We sat and talked for quite a bit after dinner (chicken and asparagus on the grill and oriental salad, plus strawberries for dessert) but eventually she left and we settled in to watch TV and rip….the third border is OFF the quilt….YAY!!

Daily Dose of Cuter....AJ walking!!!



1 comment:

  1. Think you just totally aged your friend Susan! Thought she was going to Continuing Care starting with independent living. She’s not ready for assisted living quite yet - at least the last time I saw her! So agree with the butterfly but can’t you salvage it by edging it in black! It is a pretty one! AM143

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.