Saturday, May 12, 2018

getting all caught up

Well, you'd better sit back with a cup of coffee and settle in...we've got some catching up to do!  No internet since Wednesday night means no ability to put out a blog  :~(.


*************************
I got my blog out while Michael was walking the dog Wednesday morning (5/9), then spent a delightful 1-1/2 hours SKYPE-ing with Janice.  Michael took off for the driving range (no golf for him today as it is a tournament all day and he wasn’t crazy about the format), and after a lovely egg/onion/cheese omelet for breakfast, I headed to my studio.  I got a label going for Black Vortex 


and continued to work on the binding.  I got it all sewn on the wrong side of the quilt and after a quick press I started to sew it on the right side.  Michael and I took a break in the early afternoon and finally got the rest of the garden in.  He bought and planted 3 tomato plants WEEKS ago….


but I have not made time to go out with my seeds.  Today was the day…he cleaned out all of the pots and put in fresh dirt, then I got to plant basil, zinnias and snapdragon seeds.  I still have one empty pot…may buy some oregano for that  :~).  I came back in to continue binding, and by dinnertime I was totally done….YAY!!  Hopefully I’ll get a picture tomorrow at SHQ show and tell when I have 2 people to hold it up.  


and here's white Vortex again so that you can compare:


Michael had a meatball grinder for dinner, while I finished up the chicken and cabbage slaw.  I dropped back to working on the HST’s for my Hunter’s Star until I headed upstairs at 8 PM for TV and ripping…..the final border is now OFF of the quilt….YAY!!

******************

When I got up Thursday morning (5/10) I had no internet connection, thanks to MICROSOFT, who in its infinite wisdom put through updates overnight that blew many WINDOWS 7 customers out of the water  :~(.  So I putzed around waiting for Matthew (computer support) to call me back.  He didn’t call back by the time I left for quilting at 9 AM, so no blog entry from me!  I taught a class at quilting on how to make a sewing apron….and my students drove me CRAZY!!!  Everyone was doing something different….but I think we had a lot of fun, and several people got it finished by the time we ate lunch:  

Judy

June....already using hers

Loree

Floy

As usual, we had great show and tell:  

another variation of Loree's quilt

and yet another....





Mary's crochet skills on display

When I came home, I plopped on my chair and read my book until Michael got home around 4 PM.  He had a late lunch so he skipped dinner, while I had some leftover chicken salad.

**********************

Friday morning (5/11) I left just after 8 AM to have breakfast with friends (of course what was totally embarrassing was that even though I checked my purse before I left to insure my wallet was in there….I must have mistaken the edge of my calendar for it….because when we got to the restaurant I had to ask a friend to buy my breakfast!!!    I was stressing out over losing it until I remembered stopping at the library on Thursday on the way home.  I knew I hadn’t taken my purse in, just my wallet, so I assumed it was on the console between the 2 front seats. This was confirmed when my honey came home from his doctor’s appointment and walked into the kitchen and said ‘ok, which of your friends bought you breakfast?'  holding my wallet aloft!)  When I got home, our internet provider came and was working on fixing our internet as I left for my weaving meeting.  I am REALLY ENJOYING the ladies that come and for now we have decided to name our group the Fiber Nutz.  


We had fabulous show and tell...the first up from Rosalie...truly one of a kind.  She spun the yarn from roving, then wove her own spun yarn into yardage, then cut out pattern pieces from her weaving to make this perfect jacket in the BEST color  :~):


















And Melanie had her sewing talents on display:


Marilyn does a lot of watercolor landscapes...this is just one of the many she brought:


Just before I left I got some great pictures of the whole group:

front: Kathy & Marilyn  back: Melanie, Rosalie, Pam














When I finally I came home from my meeting, the internet was up….YAY!!!  I had 117 emails…..BOO!  I got through my emails….got backing for 2 quilts of valor loaded:


then joined my honey early in the evening.  They replaced our TV hard drive, which means everything we had recorded was GONE…so we decided on a date night…and made popcorn and watched A MIGHTY WIND…one of my all time favorites.

OK...I think I have 2 videos of Lucy & Ethel and one video of the garden....enjoy!!



2 comments:

  1. Phew - where does one begin to comment! Love your version of the vortex the best! Love the purple variation on Loree’s Quilt - no surprise! Glad I didn’t send you an email the last two days!😳. Love the payback between Ethel and Lucy🐾🐾
    AM143💜💜

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.