Monday, May 28, 2018

lobsta!!, Mexican Train at Evelyn & Phil's w/ Susan


We had a very leisurely breakfast Sunday morning (5/27) after Michael took Cookie for a walk.  He made omelets for both of us: 















and we ate breakfast out on the lanair 


and read the paper and a book for quite awhile before really starting our day.  First up for me was finishing the last 10 tops for the Pocket Prayer quilts:  


Next I started to put the binding on the second QoV.  I got the binding almost all on the first side before calling Anne to meet up at the Maine Lobster Truck.  They brought this truck in from 2 PM until 8 PM and it was packed the entire time!!!:  



here I am ordering a CT roll and lobster bisque

Originally I had my food day all planned around a visit to this truck, but our friends moved their dinner/game night to Sunday night, so I bought lobster, but brought it home and put it in the fridge….you’ll have to wait until tomorrow to know how good it is!!  We were at the truck for about an hour, making our way through the line.  When I got home I had time to start to put the binding on the second side of the quilt before it was time to get cleaned up and head over to Evelyn & Phil’s for dinner.  Michael suggested cutting some of our glads to take as a hostess gift, so here’s what we put together:  


All of the flowers were from our front garden.  Phil and Evelyn did London broil on the grill and served it with a salad, carrot soufflé and toast points dipped in butter and Worcestershire….an usual to us presentation to be sure.  















We played Mexican Train afterwards, but made it kind of an early night as Susan was tired from packing up her house.  

Susan & Evelyn

Phil


























We watched a bit of TV when we got home, and I got all of my trimmed HST’s pressed open.


I still have 104 more of these to do before Michael can start laying out this quilt  :~(.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.