Sunday, May 6, 2018

Black Vortex basted, Butterfly Convergence, this & that


I am BEREFT!!!!  I just saw the TV  Guide, and tonight is the finale of Call The Midwife!!!  These seasons are FAR TOO SHORT!!!!  I guess I’ll have to spend the hiatus back on NETFLIX, watching the series again from the beginning  :~).

Michael was up and out the door shortly after 8 AM on Saturday (5/5) for an early tee time at SCCL.  I was up as well, on a mission to move 2 projects forward.  First up was getting Black Vortex basted on Miss Scarlett:















And next, getting Convergence/Butterfly spray basted and quilted.  That took much of the day, but by dinnertime I had it all quilted with silver metallic and potential placements for the butterflies (although I may be making one more of the medium sized butterflies on Sunday):


You are welcome to comment....I'd love to know if you think people will like it at the auction!

Michael came home just before 3 PM….very pleased with the day.  He got a 38 on the front nine, and a 40 on the back for a 78!!  AND….he had THREE birdies  :~).  

Since Vortex was off of the design wall, I asked him to help me put up another quilt.  When I was SKYPE-ing with Janice last week, we ended up talking about how we each have a quilt that we like, with borders that we don’t.  Once she mentioned hers, I remembered a lovely colorwash type quilt top I had made.  I dragged it out and started to look at it last week….as a matter of fact, when I SKYPE-ed with BG, I tried to hold it up to let her look at it.  We both thought it didn’t look bad….but I wanted to put the whole thing back up on the wall to see it:  


As soon as I saw it, the decision was made…I still hated the border.  I hate when the pink squares show up in the border, alongside the pink inner border.  So….that will be a project for several nights….ripping off the borders  :~(.  While I was working in the afternoon, I noticed another momentous item....for the first time Etherl climbed up on the studio cat tree without my help and took a nap:















While Lucy was settling down in her regular bed:



Michael and I brulee’d another crème after a dinner of leftovers: 


and I sewed until 8 PM when I joined Michael upstairs.  It took 2 hours while we watched TV….but the first border is off!

OK…today you get an entirely different dose of cute…..our backyard in the late afternoon:

















And another treat, the beginning of a Quilt of Valor from BG:


Weight Report:

           Ethel   Lucy

6-May 3 lb 4 oz 3 lb 10 oz
29-Apr 3 lb 0 oz 3 lb 5 oz
22-Apr 2 lb 13 oz 3 lb 2 oz
15-Apr 2 lb 7 oz 2 lb 11 oz
8-Apr 2 lb 6 oz 2 lb 8 oz

1-Apr 2 lb 3 oz 2 lb 4 oz



1 comment:

  1. People will definitely like the Votex at the auction. The theme is perfect for the auction. I vote no more buttflues. Like what I see! But of course would like tomthe purple one in one of the bigger sizes, 🙃 Hoorays for Ethel, the adventurer. And boy are they thriving - must be the extra loving home the are in! 🐾🐾. AM143🦋🦋

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.