Sunday, May 13, 2018

yoghurt, LASS luncheon, Lynn & Mitch


Michael was up and out early on Saturday (5/12) for golf and I was up early as well with lots to do!  First up was getting out 3 days worth of blog entries (due to no internet), then I headed to the kitchen.  I had yoghurt incubating overnight in the crockpot, so I put together 6 ‘grab ‘n’ go’ cups for Michael:




before making an orzo salad 


and a broccoli salad:


At 11 AM I headed out to pick up Pat and Kathy as we were all going to a luncheon at a place called THE IVIES.  It was a fund raiser for LASS (the Lancaster area animal shelter).

that cheesecake was YUMM-O!!


lots and lots of silent auction items


and vendors



the beautiful quilted bag Pat donated


When I got home from the luncheon around 3 PM I took a short nap....I think it was the heat.  We were in the shade, and there was a slight breeze, but it was just too hot!!!  After that Michael and did a bit of straightening up, getting ready for our dinner company.  Mitch & Lynn


recently took a trip to Lithuainia, and since that is Michael's heritage, we wanted to have them over to hear all about it.  They are both big supporters of the shelter as well and Lynn was in love with our newest furry babies:


Michael did chicken on the grill: 


which tasted wonderful with the orzo and broccoli salads.  Lynn showed us many pictures of their trip, and they brought us a beautiful cross as a memento:   


After that we settled in to play many rousing games of SCREWED.  We stopped mid-way for some lemon meringue pie and when they left just before 10 PM, Michael and I read for a bit before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.