Thursday, May 3, 2018

Black Vortex top done, lunch at the Greenway


Michael took Cookie for a walk first thing Wednesday morning (5/2) while I headed downstairs to get my blog out.  Getting my blog out is becoming increasingly harder as Ethel just wants to climb all over me and snuggle and make it impossible to type with 2 hands.  Not to mention she’s biting my earrings and my glasses and in general, just being a pest….but OH SO CUTE!!!  Anyway, it was finally out and before I left at 11 AM for lunch at the Greenway, I had the borders made and sewn onto Black Vortex:  















My honey had breakfast out on the lanair, joined by furry babies:  




I joined Pat, Loree & Jan 




up at the Lake House and headed into Charlotte.  Our meal was wonderful:  



the black bean soup...yummy!!

an eggs benedict type special that Pat & Jan got

Loree got the chicken with mushroom risotto

I got the beef on top of cheese grits





and the dessert was out of this world (a vanilla bean, strawberry, Bavarian cake that I swear the thick frosting was just sweetened whipped cream…..yum!)  




We rolled out to the car after lunch and I promptly took a short nap when I got home  :~).  After that I worked furiously to get a backing put together for Black Vortex.  I didn’t get it loaded onto Miss Scarlett by the time I headed upstairs to read for a bit, but that’s on the agenda in the next day or 2.  I read until 8 PM, then watched TV with my honey and ironed a bunch of HST’s with the new iron he bought me…I LOVE it….it is adorable and works fabulously for the media room.  


The girls were snuggled together in the living room while we watched TV:


The roses I picked are blooming out and they just look gorgeous.



And....I got a short video of Lucy & Ethel out on the lanair in the afternoon:


5 comments:

  1. WOW - I love what the border does for the Vortex quilt ! Are you keeping this one ? Where's the pic of the ADORABLE iron ? What kind is it ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the black vortex as it progresses, not jealous about the luncheon. Liked my menus better😳 bought same cat toy but my kitties knock the whole thing over!🐾🐾AM143

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks very interesting blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hola! I've been following your site for a while now and finally got the bravery
    to go ahead and give you a shout out from Kingwood Texas!
    Just wanted to mention keep up the good job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. bookmarked!!, I really like your web site!

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.