Monday, May 7, 2018

quilting started on Black Vortex, bricks at ballfield


Michael headed out to a few grocery stores early on Sunday morning (5/6), while I got my blog out and fed everyone.  We had breakfast on the lanair when he got home…then he and Cookie left for a walk and I headed downstairs to figure out how I was going to quilt Black Vortex.  I decided to use the raindrop pattern….it is an all over pattern, but I think it is more interesting than stippling.  And I love the variagated rainbow thread:


I kicked that off and started to finish the last 6 blocks of my Thursday project.  While I was working, I discovered that Lucy has found a new place to take her naps:  


And she was eventually joined by Ethel:  




I’m assuming they are there due to my spotlights shining down on my sewing tables….I think it’s a warm spot!  

Michael and I took a break in the late afternoon, poured something cold to drink, and finally ventured to the ball field to find the bricks we bought over a year ago (it was a fund raising effort).  We found both of ours (we also have 2 bricks on the FIDELCO walkway in Connecticut!):   

Michael's mom & dad

my mom & dad


























and I also couldn’t resist snapping a pic of my buddy’s:  


We had leftovers for dinner and I sewed for a bit more and finished up the 6 blocks:  


as well as the first wing of a new colored butterfly:  


After that I joined Michael for TV watching and ripping  :~).   A second border is off!

I have lots of show and tell from friends today.  BG took a class and completed a gorgeous wallet:


















And Arizona Mary has been incredibly busy sewing/quilting:

Of course you know I LOVE this one!

her Time Travel, quilted and bound

a baby rag quilt...LOVE the purple on the outside

a purse pattern she bought on retreat and has now made

I love showing off my friend's work!

3 comments:

  1. Oh YES - love the new butterfly! Lucy and Ethel are no dummies. They know where Mom is and will be right in the middle of it all - warm and snuggly under a light and all her good stuff around them! Your bricks are nice but you know you are going to have to explain Paula’s unless I am the only dummyπŸ™€
    AM143πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸΎπŸΎπŸ¦‹

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh - I am the dummy! I just got Paula’s brick! I did the math backwards!
    AM143πŸ€ͺ

    ReplyDelete
  3. love BG's wallet. can she share at retreat on how to make it?

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.