Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Michael leaves for Pinehurst, MESIG show & tell


Michael was up very early Monday morning (5/21) to make sure he had everything packed for his trip to Pinehurst, and we left just before 8 AM to head to Ralph’s house.  

my honey & Ralph (coordinator of the trip)
Here’s the car with just packing for 2 so far:  


Doesn’t it remind you of when the ladies go on retreat?  Instead of sewing machines and projects…the guys have golf clubs….but the clothes and food/snacks are the same.  When Michael called me Monday night he said when they got there, several of the guys were starving since they hadn’t eaten any breakfast, so he broke out the brownies!!!  

remember these?  Mississippi Mud Brownies
Ralph said they were the best he’s ever tasted….so you KNOW that made me smile the rest of the night!!!  Anyway, after dropping Michael off I headed to WALMART for some vitamins and a few other small things, then stopped at LOWE’s for a lattice strip and light timer, and was home by 9:30.  Here’s my baby Cookie when I got home….















I just love it when she sprawls out like she's in 'dreamland'…she looks so relaxed!  I did a few chores around the house and had just started to switch out my pantry when Paula stopped by.  I was VERY happy to see her since we haven’t seen each other in forever…we sat and talked and talked and talked until I had to leave for my Machine Embroidery meeting.  I stitched away on my butterfly binding and only have 12 inches to go…YAY!!!!!!  Of course there was lots of beautiful show and tell:  

embroidered cards
























a set of towels





a hat for a Kentucky Derby Party



pot holders


















I’m glad I finally got to show the butterfly wall hanging. You know….I’ve been working on it for awhile and changed my mind so much along the way that I started to second guess myself…wondering if it was really nice or not…wondering if the butterflies were too childish an appliqué….but the ladies at the meeting were wonderful!  One woman came over to me afterwards and said ‘that looks like it should be hanging in a gallery’  and others expressed similar sentiments…I felt wonderful by the time I left  :~).  

I got a little sewing done before dinner:


and had company while I was doing it:




Now I would like you to contrast those pictures...and how little you can see of their blanket, with this picture taken at the beginning of April...they're really growing up  :~(  :


After dinner I decided to treat myself and I spent the rest of the evening reading a new library book...heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.