Monday, May 21, 2018

Susan's going away party


My honey took Cookie for a walk first thing on Sunday (5/20), while I made my giant chocolate chip cookies for a second treat for Michael’s trip:  


Then I threw a bunch of Baklava Cookies into the oven for Susan’s party in the afternoon:  


When Michael got back home, he made his regular morning omelet 


and we headed out to the lanair for a relaxing breakfast:


After that we got the house all set up and retired to the basement, to our computers and sewing machines  :~).  Lucy found a new place to settle while we were working (I'm sorry the picture is blurry....I try to snap one very quickly before they move!!!):


I continued to put black leading on the Loree quilt 















before heading back upstairs for a shower and to get my peach crisp in the oven:  


You know me….I wanted to have some good smells as people arrived at 3 PM.  We have been friends with Susan from the very beginning of our move here.  I remember on the second day in our new house...I was unpacking the kitchen, and Susan showed up bringing dinner with her!  We have done many, many things together since then and she has been a wonderful friend for 11-1/2 years and we will really miss her.

She will be moving in early June 

guest of honor...Susan
and we threw a neighbor’s good-bye party for her from 3 PM – 5 PM.  We only served desserts and champagne (and coffee).  In addition to the Balava Cookies and the Peach Crisp, we had: 


orange cake from Melanie

tiramisu from Melanie (OMgoodness....so divine!)

and Ginny's fabulous chocolate chip cookies

and I think everyone had a great time.  


Susan & Ginny

Mitch & Bill

Judith

Melanie (with my honey in the background)

Ginny



Bill & Mitch

Melanie & Pete (Kay in background)

Phil & Joe

Evelyn & Melanie

Barb & Lynn

Jan & Susan

Bill & Kay

Mitch & Pete





Millie (who fits in perfectly with my decor...don't you think?)

Susan, Jim & Ann Mary
Melanie wrote a very funny poem for Susan:



I have to say though that we’ve had NEW YEAR”S EVE parties with more people at them, who drank less champagne :~):  



These people were going through it like there was no tomorrow…quite a surprise as normally we have quite a number of guests that don’t drink at all!  I told Susan her friends were all boozers  :~)…good thing we bought a case!  Anyway, it was a wonderful party and 20 minutes after everyone left, the dishwasher was running, Michael had put away all of the extra chairs and tray tables and I was sitting reading my book while he watched TV and ate a little dinner.  I was so tired that I never did make it back downstairs, just eventually joined my honey for a terrific foot rub and TV for the rest of the evening.

1 comment:

  1. What a difference the black leading makes !!! Terrific !

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.