Sunday, May 20, 2018

Mississippi Mud brownies, BG's QoV


Michael was out the door at 7:15 AM for golf on Saturday (5/19) and I made a quick trip to the grocery store before settling in to get everything done that I needed to.  I got some Mississippi Mud Brownies made for Michael’s Pinehurst trip (of course I forgot to get a pic before cutting them up!!):  















then settled in for 2 hours with my breakfast to watch the royal wedding!  So, was anyone else underwhelmed with the dress?  Yes…it was incredibly elegant, and yes the veil was a stunner (although I really wish the page boys hadn’t carried it all the way down and back up the aisle….I would rather have seen it float along behind her), but I just wanted it to have (as they say)  a little something-something!  Oh well, the hats on the guests more than made up for it I guess  :~).  I DID love her second dress for the evening reception....VA VA VOOM!!  

The kitties were snug in their beds while I was watching the wedding, after running around the house like crazy….Ethel up in the tippy-top of the bedroom cat tree and Lucy way down at the bottom!  















I spent the afternoon relaxing and reading a new library book, and finally roused myself around 4 PM to finish the quilting on the second QoV 



and start putting black sashing between my ‘Loree’ quilt:  


After a late dinner of Chinese, I started to hand stich the binding on the butterfly quilt while watching TV with Michael.  I’m not sure my hand is going to survive…I stitched for 2 solid hours and got 1-1/4 sides done and my thumb/palm is really feeling it this morning  :~(.

Weight Report:

                    Ethel              Lucy
                       
20-May     3 lb 11 oz          4 lb 2 oz
13-May     3 lb 9 oz           3 lb 15 oz
6-May       3 lb 4 oz           3 lb 10 oz
29-Apr     3 lb 0 oz           3 lb 5 oz
22-Apr     2 lb 13 oz          3 lb 2 oz
15-Apr      2 lb 7 oz           2 lb 11 oz
8-Apr       2 lb 6 oz           2 lb 8 oz

1-Apr        2 lb 3 oz           2 lb 4 oz

BG has finished her first L Patriotic quilt...


Isn't it a stunner?!?!?


1 comment:

  1. I have recorded the wedding g so hope I see the second dress ! But I know what to do to help your hand and thumb! 😳AM143πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸΎπŸΎ

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.