Sunday, May 27, 2018

finished QoV


Michael left for golf on Saturday (5/26) after I sprayed him once again with the pain spray from Anne, but was home within minutes….it had started pouring!  He decided to switch from the golf cart to the car and headed back up, hoping to talk to the other guys in his foursome and wait out the rain  :~).  Something must have worked because I didn’t see him again until 2 PM!!   While he was gone I got the first label cleaned up and finished stitching down the binding on the first side.  This was the view through the opening in my sewing machine each time I stopped:















A quick press and I continued sewing down the binding on the second side.  


I know we’re watching a movie tonight, so I left the hand stitching on the label for that.  

At SHQ on Thursday, Loree mentioned that we could use some more tops for the Pocket Prayer quilts we make, so I decided to whip up some of those.  I got most of my strips made and pressed and re-sewn into the 4-patch tops:  


just have one more strip to finish tomorrow and we'll have 50 tops.  

We had leftover pizza for dinner and settled in with popcorn to watch STAR TREK:INSURRECTION.  We finished that off with a couple of BIG BANGs before heading to bed, and I got a lot of HST’s trimmed while we were watching the movie.  Once they’re pressed you’ll see a picture.

I got another video of the kitties playing on my sewing table (and trying/succeeding in knocking over my stuff!!):



2 comments:

  1. Glad the kitties are playing so calmly after their surgeries! Knocking your stuff over is just the beginning!AM143🐾🐾💜💜

    ReplyDelete
  2. VERY cute shot of your kids framed by the sewing machine !

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.