Friday, June 1, 2018

Show & Tell at SHQ


Michael left before 8 AM for golf on Thursday (5/31) and I left just after 9 AM for quilting.  It was a wonderful day (they pretty much ALL are at quilting!!) and I got 8 of the #4 blocks done (only have to complete #5 and #6.....then I'll lay out on the design wall and try to find something for the vertical sashing):  


We had great show and tell:  

another great Floy applique....

she just saw a picture in a magazine and made it up!

isn't this backing just perfect?

another 'Loree' quilt by Mary Ann....they all look so different


an afghan for June, made by her 88 year old aunt

a top from Sandy D

one of the quilts of valor made by our group

and I got home around 2 PM after a quick stop at the library.  I just putzed around until about 4 when I headed upstairs to think about dinner.  I put brown rice on to cook, then made mushroom/sherry/chicken gravy and slid some cooked chicken in once it had thickened…..Michael said it was YUMMY!!  I made some brownie cupcakes I’ve been wanting to try (Mary Jo - new recipe!): 


and headed down to my studio when Michael left for a democratic meeting at 7 PM.  I was hoping to get all of the quilting done on the colorwash quilt, but 1/2 way through the first row a huge thunder/lightening storm broke.  I couldn’t wait for the first row to be done so that I could shut everything down and unplug it!!!  The thunder seemed so loud that I didn’t even want my regular sewing machine plugged in….so I shut down everything and headed upstairs.  Since it was Thursday you know what that means???  NEW LIBRARY BOOKS!!!!  So I read for several hours (I'm finally getting close to finishing up the Guido Brunetti series by Donna Leon) until Michael got home with a small piece of cheesecake and another small piece of tiramisu…both of which I SNARFED down!!!!  We talked for a bit, watched TV for a bit, then headed to bed.

Stash Report = it’s that time again!  For the month of May I used 18-1/2 yards of fabric, mostly on borders and backings, while not buying anything…YAY!!!  So for the month of May I look great; however, year-to-date I am still in the red by 14-1/2 yards….I shall have to re-double my efforts and maybe….finally…get back into the black at the end of June  :~).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.