Friday, May 18, 2018

Show & Tell at SHQ, new project


It was another gloomy day when we got up on Thursday (5/17).  Michael’s golf outing was cancelled as we’ve had 2 days of torrential rain here.  I was supposed to make him a breakfast sandwich because he was going to head out so early…but instead he made me breakfast:  


I headed off to quilting and had a delightful day….of course there was terrific show and tell:  

another finished sewing apron

Anne - I know you'll like this one!


Sandy went crazy making these table runners



another adorable applique from Floy

a second adorable applique from Floy


an autobiographical quilt made by Dee's mom

and I was most excited as I got to start a new project!  I got 9 of the #1 blocks done: 


before leaving to hit the library and head home.  I spent the afternoon snuggling with Ethel and binge watching all of the terrific programs about British Royalty and weddings on BBC America…..I can’t wait for coverage of the wedding on Saturday  :~).   I also got a few rows of quilting done....I'm just doing a simple stipple on the second Quilt of Valor.  We had Chinese for dinner and then hunkered down on the sofa for the rest of the evening.

1 comment:

  1. Just got to this blog tonight! YES,YES,YES -I love that quilet! AM143💜💜🐾🐾

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.