Monday, May 14, 2018

Star Bread, Pat's pillows


Michael was up early Sunday (5/13) to do a thorough cleaning of the lanair, while I washed the kitchen windows.  He definitely had the easier job as he had help from the kitties….NOT!:  




After that I put together Cinnamon Star Bread dough and headed downstairs to get my blog out.  Well, I only got to write for about 10 minutes before Barb showed up to see our lanair.  She is considering using the same contractor to complete their porch and I invited her over to check it out.  After that I joined Michel on the lanair for a bit of breakfast, then he took Cookie for a walk while I put together the dough and cinnamon filling and cleaned up the kitchen.  By the time I got downstairs to complete my blog, it was after 11 AM and I almost missed the sweep for the email!  I headed back upstairs to bake the Star Bread while Michael was at CVS picking up my prescription…..the bread looked (and smelled) heavenly when it came out….one of my best yet I think:  


Michael pronounced it superb!!  

I was finally ready for quilting at 1 PM.  I got the first QoV basted: 


got a program set up and bobbins wound and kicked it off.  I’m using a new pattern which is probably too busy for this quilt….but I love it and wanted to check it out.  I had sleepy company while I was working:


Ethel and I took a bit of a nap in the afternoon, and when I woke up I spent quite a bit of time cleaning up my sewing tables from Black Vortex.  Any time I finish quilting one of my own quilts, I need to do something with the leftover trimmings:  


Sometimes I fall behind and then it just becomes a nightmare of stuff on my tables, so I am trying to keep up.  We had a reprise of our Saturday night dinner again Sunday night, followed by TV watching and ripping out some of my batting from backing to reclaim both fabrics.

Pat is doing some pillows for her grandsons bed….he had numerous sayings he wanted on the pillows and she got them all done a day or 2 ago.  




I think they really look sharp….she did a fabulous job, don’t you think?

1 comment:

  1. Pillows look great ! Any closeups of quilting design on QOV ? Love that quilt !

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.