Saturday, May 26, 2018

Show & Tell at SHQ


I was up early Thursday morning (5/24) to get the kitties into their crates.  Nadine swung by to pick them up at 6:30 AM, to take them to be spayed.  I miss them already…they were crying and crying to get out before she came, and I’m sure they were starving, as they hadn't had anything to eat since Wednesday at dinnertime and we usually give them a third helping of food when we go to bed  :~(.  I had a chicken carcass simmering in the crockpot all night long, so I got that strained and refrigerated before leaving for quilting.  I had a wonderful time at quilting, and got 2 more sets of blocks done:  















And of course, here’s show and tell:  

Mary Ann & Jeannie took a thread painting class:


















Dee's mom was visitng again and showed another autobiographical quilt.  She used to make one every year depicting their vacation, and then before the next year she would give it away to a member of the family!!


Jerri had another 2 quilts for people at the nursing home (she using fabric from Diane and I'm sure Diane would be pleased as she was a big charity person):


















Sandra showed us the pillow she will be teaching next month (or maybe the month afterwards...we all definitely have homework to do...)




Marge did this INCREDIBLE quilt.....you really need to click on the picture to blow it up...there are so many details she put on the quilt:


check out the decorative stitches around each flower block


















And then she used this fabric:


To make a one-block wonder quilt and put it on the back!!!!


I gave out the 2 name tags I made:


And everyone seemed to like the butterfly/convergence quilt!


make bigger so that you can see the silver 'cob-webbing' on this one butterfly

I got home around 2:30 after stops at the library and CVS and my honey was home from Pinehurst….YAY!!!  We talked and talked and got mostly caught up on everything, then I read for just a bit while he relaxed, and took a shower and changed before heading out to our anniversary dinner.  We went to THE FISH MARKET at Baxter Village and it was AWESOME!!!  We shared a crab cake appetizer, then Michael got shrimp pasta and I had scallops with bacon risotto and tempura asparagus….HEAVEN!!!  We were home by 7 and spent a bit of time on our computers before snuggling on the couch (although still missing our babies) to watch TV.

**********************

Luckily, the vet allowed Lynn to pick up our kitties extra early, so they were home on Friday (5/25) before I headed out at 8:15 for breakfast with the ladies.  Michael had a 9:15 appointment with the doctor, and the bad news is, he has a case of shingles.  The worse news is, he was supposed to fly to Ithaca next week to see AJ, but she is currently in a vulnerable period…any immunity she got from nursing has worn off, and her final vaccinations for chicken pox won’t take place for another 11 months at the earliest…so we had to scrap Michael’s plans for visiting.  I also had an 11:15 appointment with the doctor and I have been diagnosed with a fungal infection of my skin  :~(.  We’re not doing too well at this point…but it’s nothing life threatening, so we’re not going to worry about it.  We had a long talk about everything once I got home, and by the time we were done I had missed the window to post a blog in time for the email sweep, so I just left it until Saturday morning.  Michael left at 2 PM to run some errands, and I settled in to my studio and started sewing binding on one of the QoV’s.  Well, that was the plan….but the phone started ringing…and I was all out of my cinnamon/ginger drink (which is supposed to be helping with my blood sugar) and so I headed up to the kitchen to get my drink going and ended up staying up there…talking to Anne who stopped by and snuggling with Ethel before finally came back downstairs around 4:30.  I got most of the binding put on one side of the first quilt: 


and also got 2 labels made:


before heading upstairs around 8 to relax and watch TV with my honey.  

The best news?  When Anne found out that Michael had shingles, she sprang into HELP mode.  Anne is a big essential oils buff and she was back several hours later with 2 small spray bottles….one for itching and one for pain.  I sprayed them on Michael’s blisters just before bed and he told me for the first time in days he was able to get to sleep easily and without pain….SCORE!!!!  I just sent an email to Anne to tell her to write down what she did because the next time I hear of someone getting shingles and having pain…I’m sending them her way  :~).

Here's a pic of the Loree quilt with the outside border on:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.