Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Loree's quilt moves along, BG's GORGEOUS rug!

I was moving very slowly Tuesday morning (5/22) since I stayed up so late reading my library book Monday night, but eventually I got myself in gear  :~).  I continued to work on my Loree quilt:  
















And to snuggle with my adorable babies (all 3 of them) every chance I had  :~).  I spent all day sewing and by dinnertime I had all of the sashing done: 


and started to put on the outside borders.  I really wanted to make this a Beds = Dreams quilt and had a plan for how I would add the borders, so I put on a 2 inch black border (which you can’t see until Michael comes home as it is now too large for me to get on the wall by myself!) and then looked at my fabric for the next 2 borders.  I must have pulled out fabric for an hour….really disappointed that I could not make the borders the way I wanted as I did not have enough fabric for the 2 additional colors I picked.  By then it was time to SKYPE with Janice and we talked for about 1-1/2 hours.  We discussed the borders and both of us were hesitant to add something I wasn’t sure of after my recent ripping-off-of-borders-debacle.  As I was lying out on the lanair early this morning I decided to accept Janice’s suggestion and just make this a Clinton quilt.  It is not yet too wide to put on a fleece backing and although it will be a bit longer than usual, maybe it can go to one of the bigger/older kids!  

I took this picture while I was sewing in the afternoon….I have a set of plastic drawers under my sewing table, and my quilted sewing machine cover is on top of those drawers.  Ethel has decided that that is a perfect place to nap…


but even I was startled when suddenly her hind legs came out from under the table….


guess she was stretching!

I have a couple of projects from BG that I just have to share.  BG is in a block of the month club, and has finished her May block….LOVE the colors:


AND she was in class all day Tuesday and made the absolutely most gorgeous rug I have ever seen!!!  


I can’t wait to make one too!!

I also have NUMEROUS videos of the kids (remember, these never come through on the emails, you have to click on the title in the email to go directly to the blog itself to see them)....


This one should be labeled 'an example of why it is sometimes so hard to get videos and pictures of them (they're too darn active & fast!):


And yet a couple more:


They love this toy in the basement:



2 comments:

  1. And just how do you make that rug? Is it braided? Is it easy? Need a kitty fix soon - growing too rapidly for my liking! AM143πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸΎπŸΎ

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love BG's rug. Could you give us more info on it?

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.