Thursday, July 21, 2016

yoghurt, 4th patriotic, shrimp scampi tutorial, another fleece blanket

***  Sorry there was no blog entry yesterday.  I had this complete in draft mode, but forgot to push "PUBLISH" before NOON, so it didn't go out  :~(  ***

 ----------------------------------------
 Michael and I had breakfast together again Tuesday morning (7/19).  I had made yoghurt in the crockpot overnight for him, so I made up grab-and-go containers out of the yoghurt after we were done eating:  

fruit on the bottom

then the yoghurt

a little jam for sweetness, then I popped on the lids and put them in the fridge

After that he left to run errands and I headed downstairs.  Pat W and Andi came over to pick up Andi’s quilt (which of course I forgot to take a picture of....hope to have one in a couple of days), and since I haven’t seen Pat in DAYS and DAYS, I had about a hundred things to talk about :~).  When Pat & Andi eventually headed off to Lowe’s, I finally settled down to made up the design for my 4th (this year) patriotic quilt, got it basted down, and actually started quilting:

I love how the quilting shows on polar fleece
I quilted through the day, while I was also working on a binding and label for one of the quilts I just finished.  By 6:30 I had the quilting done, and loaded up the 5th patriotic quilt right behind it:  
note inch of space between 1st and 2nd quilt
and had sewed about 9 inches of the binding to my hidden wells quilt:



before heading upstairs for dinner.  While Michael cooked 2 servings of pasta in the microwave, I did my 7 minute shrimp scampi for both of us:   

saute mushrooms & garlic in butter/olive oil

add in 1/2 & 1/2, and boil to reduce

peeled shrimp ready to go

turn down heat and gently lay in shrimp

turn over after about 1-1/2 minutes

shrimp done

add a little parmesan

voila...with some sliced tomatoes

Since Tuesday is Michael’s normal movie night, but since Larry is out of town, we decided to make popcorn and watch the 2nd STAR TREK movie, so we are all ready for the premiere of the 3rd one later this week.  When I was done with my popcorn, I started to tie another polar fleece blanket, and got it done before the movie ended.   
It was 10:30 by the time the movie was over and we both headed for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.