Tuesday, July 19, 2016

new bouquets, Cookie a duex, Elsie,bird quilt, fruit fly tip, hidden wells loaded



Michael left at 7:45 on Monday (7/18) for golf, but not before picking me 2 new bouquets:   

we're a little light on blooms right now



















I haven’t had many pictures of my furry babies lately, so when I went upstairs to shower I snapped a pic of Cookie:   



 By the time I got out of the shower, she had moved over to my chair (maybe it was cooler without the quilt?):  



 After my shower I headed back downstairs to sew, (I had company while I was sewing): 



 and by the time I left at 10 AM for my Volunteer meeting, my patriotic top was all done:   

thanks for the fabric, Ginny!

I was home by NOON and had a quick snack for lunch before heading back to the Lake House for my Machine Embroidery meeting.  We had beautiful show and tell, the most spectacular was Cathy’s bird quilt (you should click on the picture to make it bigger...behind each bird she embroidered the sounds of its song):  

Cathy's bird quilt with Pat S holding up side

 I got home from that at 3:30 PM and my knee really seemed to be acting up, so I read for a bit with my leg up on a stool.  By the way, I know I’m probably going to jinx myself by saying this, but with all of the produce in the kitchen…even some with a few bad spots, I haven’t been plagued at all with fruit flies…want to know my secret?  First, everything gets scrubbed as soon as it comes in the house.  But then, check out this pic:  



 I have all of the produce in a bowl (this pic shows only some of it), with a small but deep glass in the middle (I'm using a shot glass here).  Glass is less than 1/2 filled with apple cider vinegar, then a big drop of DAWN dish washing liquid.  The vinegar tempts the fruit flies, but they can’t get back out because of the dishwashing liquid.  I change it out every 3 – 4 days…easy peasy….I HATE those darn fruit flies.  Anyway, Michael and I had leftover pizza and corn for dinner, then I headed back downstairs because he wanted to watch some of his programs.  By the time I came upstairs at 9:30, I had loaded up a double backing and gotten my hidden wells patriotic quilt lined up:   


 We watched TV for about an hour before heading to bed.

PS - you know, I was kind of depressed yesterday because my left knee felt like it was right back to where it was before the procedure and I was in a lot of pain.  As always, pain makes me tired and I didn't feel like I really got much done...but proof reading this entry before posting, I've decided I did all right after all :~).

1 comment:

  1. Hi Deb,
    Can't remember how to post on your blog.
    Anyway, what is a double backing? Please tell your friend Cathy her bird quilt is wonderful!
    linda m

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.