Sunday, July 17, 2016

pierogis, ice box cake



I was up at 5:30 AM on Saturday (7/16)…I just couldn’t sleep, but that was good because I got caught up on my minutes for the chocolate meeting and sent out a bunch of reminders.  I also made another run of dark chocolate pudding.  Michael had a late tee time, so we got to eat breakfast together…something that rarely happens unless it's Sunday.  He left for golf here at SCCL (and came home in the afternoon, very pleased with his 85) and Paula picked me up and we headed to the Lodge.  Pulte (the developer of our community) has sold their last homes and they are moving on.  The residents must elect a board and the 11 candidates (for 7 board positions) were doing a question and answer session.  It was very informative…I know 5 of the people I will be voting for…not sure of the other 2.  Paula dropped me off at 12:30 and I proceeded to do absolutely nothing!  Just recovering from a bad night’s sleep I guess.  Anyway, I finally called her and we drove around pods “B” and “D” putting flyers in mailboxes.  She had told me she needed to do it…and it’s always more fun with 2…right?  Anyway, when I got home I finally got myself going and headed downstairs.  I paid some bills and then fired up Miss Scarlett to continue quilting Andi’s quilt.  We made pierogi’s for dinner; 



 I know they don’t look like much here with a bunch of sautéed onions, but they were heavenly.  After dinner I got out my pudding to try something.  The Volunteer club is having a Chocolate Fund Raising Event in October of this year.  I’m not only in charge of that, I am one of the bakers.  I have several different recipes I might do, but am not sure of the number of individual servings I will get.  Next week I plan to do several of the recipes in individual serving sizes, and I have invited people over to eat them up!!!  That will give me a start on what I might make and how I will serve it.  Plus, I wasn’t sure if the ice box cake would fit in these cute little cups I bought….so that was the first thing I tried.   


That will definitely work if I decide to do it, but I put the rest of the pudding in our regular dish 


 (I think I'm leaning more towares mousse in these little cupes than ice box cake.  I think the people at the event will know what mousse is more than the cake).  I read for an hour after that, and at 9 PM watched a bit of TV with Michael, while starting to tie another polar fleece blanket.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.