Monday, July 11, 2016

blueberry coffee cake, hydrangeas, Walt, Jan & the kids, patriotic 1/2 square triangles



I weighed out most of my ingredients Saturday night before bed, so it was pretty easy to get a blueberry coffee cake in the oven within a 1/2 hour of waking up on Sunday (7/10).  It was pretty scrumptious and I ran 2 pieces down to Paula & Doug before they left for church.  





I ate mine while watching taped Wimbledon finals…and although I love Roger Federer, the semi-final with Andy Murray was much better tennis in my opinion.  Lots of long rallys, slogging it out at the baseline…that’s how Rich H and I used to love to play  :~).  Anyway, after breakfast Michael picked a new beautiful bouquet (he makes sure it looks good from every angle):





and I headed to my studio to begin to cut squares for another patriotic quilt and watch the Men’s Wimbledon Finals.  I was down there until we left just before 2 PM for Jan’s house and a celebration of Walt’s life.    What a wonderful gathering…mostly family and a few friends….fabulous pictures of Walt through all of the stages of his life…







 nice stories…it was lovely.  I asked and got a nice picture of Jan with her 3 kids:




Michael and I both skipped dinner and since he wanted to watch some of his shows, I stayed downstairs sewing until 9 PM.  I got a lot of my 1/2 square triangles done 


before heading up to watch a bit of TV and start to tie more polar fleece for Pat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.