Thursday, July 14, 2016

quilting on hidden wells, second quilt loaded, another polar fleece blanket



My honey left before 7:30 on Wednesday (7/13) for a golfing tournament here at SCCL, and I headed downstairs to begin quilting.  While my first few rows were stitching out, I worked on some paperwork and got my desk totally cleared off…YAY!!  I paused at 9:30 to go and pick up Jan and head to the Farmer’s Market up at the lodge.  I got peaches and some special jam, then stopped at Jan’s to pick up more fruit (she had way too much left over from Walt’s gathering than she could use) before heading home.  I continued quilting and by 1 PM the first quilt was done.  

you can really see the pattern on the back

 I headed upstairs for some lunch, and to put together dough for sandwich bread, and to read my book for a bit.  Michael got home around 4 PM, but didn’t think his team did very well in the tournament….he said it was a long day and very hot!  I did manage to layout the second quilt to be done 

















before heading back upstairs to bake the bread.  We delievered 1/2 a warm loaf to Gale & Phil, and the other 1/2 a loaf to this wonderful woman who helped me in the Lake House the day I had the procedure done on my knees.  She was VERY surprised, appreciative and happy to see that I was doing much better.  When we came home we made ‘mater sammiches for dinner and they were yummy!!  By the time we were done, it was time to SKYPE with Janice…and it worked for the whole hour:~).  Michael and I watched a bit of TV after that, and I finished tying another one of Pat’s polar fleece  blankets.   


 Both of us were pretty tired and we were in bed before 10:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.