Friday, July 29, 2016

quilting on patriotic pinwheel done, new patriotic top done



Thursday morning (7/28) was rather busy….Matt showed up at 7:30 to install a refurbished hard drive for me.  As Paula said, between my new tablet expense and a new-to-me computer…my technology budget is shot!  Michael packed the car for my quilting before he left for golfing, and I headed out.  We had a wonderful time at Osceola, and I only have one more set of pinwheels to make before I can start sewing my quilt top together.  I cut the leftover caramel/chocolate tarts from my birthday party into quarters and took all of them as well as the leftover chocolate dipped strawberries to quilting where they seemed to be a big hit.  When I came home, my number 1 priority was finding my disks to re-load my embroidery software on my new computer.  Without that I really can't embroider anything, as I always alter or combine my embroidery designs in some way.  I really didn't think I still had them, but I went through all of my files and WHOO HOO!!!  I have the disks, and I immediately called Matt and left a message to schedule a time to load it.  (Not only did I find the current embroidery software disks, I found the disks for my PREVIOUS program!  That's the problem with file drawers....we're constantly putting stuff INTO them....but who ever goes in to clear stuff OUT of them??? Obviously not me  :~)  Finally at 3:30 I got to get back to Miss Scarlett and my patriotic pinwheels.  By the time I went upstairs at 8 PM (after a Harris Teeter pizza for dinner which I thought was very good, but Michael thought was soggy…he likes my crispier crusts better.  Of course, part of why it was very good for me was that I didn’t have to cook it…right???)  I had finished quilting the patriotic pinwheel:  


and added the final 2 red borders to the newest patriotic:  



 
 I was beat after that and just collapsed on the sofa with my honey for the rest of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.