Sunday, July 10, 2016

Pat & 2 Clinton quilts, fish quilt, polar fleece tied blanket



Pat called first thing Saturday morning (7/9) to see if I wanted to go to the big sale at Mary Jo’s.  I didn’t need anything, but it’s always fun to go with a friend, so I was ready to leave by 8:15 when Pat picked me up and we got there at 9 AM.  There was a HUGE line outside the store…it took us at least 10 minutes to get inside.  I sat and knit while Pat browsed the store.  She didn’t get the specific fabric she was looking for, but found 4 other fabrics she could use in her purses.  She was in and out of there in a flash and we were home by 10:30.  We had previously arranged to do 2 of her Clinton quilts on Saturday, so we headed right downstairs to load up.  Pat wanted to stay and see her quilts being done…and she was so much help that I was able to sew while that was happening.  We finished off 2 quilts and they are adorable:

getting into the swing of things

I'm definitely in control



she added cool embroidery to each of them


and even her pieced back ended up right in the center!  that's what serging does.

I got all of the binding done on my last UFO (of course this isn't counting the 7 quilt tops I have waiting for backing from FOUST!) by the time she left at 4:40:  



you remember these adorable fish....right?




So….that’s actually 4 quilts FINISHED in the month of July…WHOO HOO!!

We were both beat, and I really thought I’d take a nap once she left, but after sitting with my feet up watching tennis for a bit, I felt better and got the label stitched down on the fish quilt.   



Then I headed downstairs with my honey.  He ran through all of his emails, and I started to select fabric for my next patriotic quilt.  We decided to relax in the evening, so Michael made popcorn and we watched Bond, James Bond in FOR YOUR EYES ONLY.  Pat had cut several ‘tie’ polar fleece kits (that she will donate to Clinton), and I got one of them all tied after the popcorn.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.