Sunday, July 31, 2016

Cookie & Elsie a trois, fleece blanket


Michael left before 8 AM on Saturday (7/30) for golfing here at SCCL and I spent a bit of time in the kitchen in the morning.  Loree had dropped off a “mess a maters”, so I got those all chopped up and into the crockpot for sauce.  I forgot to take pictures....I'll do a tutorial if I do this again :~(.  After that I headed downstairs and fired up Miss Scarlett and started to quilt.  I had some issues while quilting…totally operator error (for those of you who don’t understand what that means…it means I goofed up:~)…and that meant quite a bit of ripping and re-stitching.  The ripping was the hardest part only because I tend to lock my knees when I’m standing for a long period of time, and that makes them really stiff.  When I went upstairs in the afternoon….low and behold there was snuggling going on: 
do you HAVE to join me?

Mom - can't you do something?  I was here first!




























But when I came back up shortly afterwards, it was over: 

sometimes Cookie just isn't into sharing
Pat came over at 4 PM for a Cougartini and we spent a couple of hours solving the problems of the world :~).  Michael and I had leftover pizza for dinner, then he made popcorn and we settled into watch CHICAGO…what fabulous music and dance numbers.  I managed to finish tying off another fleece blanket while we were watching:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.