Thursday, July 28, 2016

2 patriotic quilts in the works



I had a few phone calls to make Wednesday morning (7/27) and then it took me over 2 hours to transfer my purchased designs back into my software….just in time for a phone call from Linda M saying she was on her way with her quilt :~)!   We filled out an order form, then Linda left around NOON and I finally got some breakfast.  After that I got to talk to Mary Jo (another of the calls I didn’t get to return yesterday) and that was great.  By the time we finished, and Michael came back upstairs and we talked for a bit, I made it back to my studio, actually ready to maybe get some sewing/quilting done around 3 PM.  I finally got a few rows quilted on the patriotic pinwheel that’s been sitting on Miss Scarlett for about a week…since my tablet first went KA-FLOOEY!!   


I also got the rest of the inserts finished on another patriotic quilt: 



 I think it is still too short (and too square...I cut the original fabric wrong :~( and am probably going to put extra red strips on the top and bottom (I’m all out of the blue).  We had hot dogs and corn for a late supper, then I talked with Janice for over an hour (neither one of us could get SKYPE to work :~(.  After that I watched TV with my honey and ripped basting stitches out of some embroidery I’ve been doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.