Saturday, July 16, 2016

quilting on diamond dash, new customer quilt



Friday morning (7/15) started with a bang as I hopped up to fire up Miss Scarlet again.  I got several rows done before my Chocolate Fund Raising meeting started at 9 AM.  That took just over an hour, and then the “pants lady” came by to make a deposit on the quilt she wants completed.  I showed her a few samples of what we might do, and she picked one layout that she liked.  After that (around 10:30) I finally got to eat something and settled back down to quilting (although I felt like I had put in a full day already when you add in doing laundry and washing up all of the dishes from last night!)  I continued quilting on my diamond dash quilt and it is so pretty that I am dying to do another one :~).  And I love the quilting I’m doing with a rainbow variegated thread.   

















 I finished up that quilt just as Pat arrived with her 2 daughters (Andi & Lisa).  Andi brought me a quilt to quilt and I can’t believe it is her very first one…it is beautiful.  She wanted a double batting and that makes for a challenging quilting opportunity…but I understand…it makes it much poof-ier, and personally I like that too!  By the time we got it loaded up and 3 rows stitched out, it was 3 PM and I was totally pooped.  



 Andi and I talked a bit about soap making (she has made some too) and both Andi & Pat bought a couple of my lavendar scented bars before leaving.  After they left I put my legs up and fell asleep for a short nap.  By the time I got it up, it was dinnertime and I made shrimp scampi for Michael (my great 7 minute dinner!) and I had the leftover one pot pasta.  We packed up and headed back up to the lodge for another musical program.  We were having an incredible thunder/lightening storm and we saw a HUGE fallen branch that JUST missed a car in a driveway!!!  Anyway, George (Pat’s husband) brought in a singing group (2 guys and a gal) singing mostly original songs and they were terrific.  That was the good news…the bad news is that I was so tired from the day that we left at intermission.  I didn’t even watch TV when we got home; I just needed some quiet time so I put my feet up in the living room and read a book until bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.