Monday, July 18, 2016

2 more quilts for binding, patriotic progress, cucumbers, pizza, more polar fleece done



Michael took Cookie for a walk first thing Sunday morning (7/17), while I headed downstairs to continue quilting.  I finished Andi’s  quilt (pictures when she picks it up!) and headed upstairs at 9:30 have breakfast with my honey.  I had yoghurt with raspberries for breakfast, and the raspberries were outstanding!  I had stopped buying raspberries because they got moldy so quickly…but these were 1 day short of 2 weeks old…let me tell you my secret.  When I brought them home, I soaked them in a solution of water and vinegar, at a 10:1 ratio.  I dried them off and put them into flat-ish containers, put a paper towel on the top and then put them in the fridge upside down (so that any remaining water dripped down to the paper towel).  As we ate them, I replaced the damp paper towel with another dry one…voila….raspberries that last much much longer than they used to :~).  After that I headed to the studio again.  I got my last 2 quilts trimmed, and wove in the bobbin ends.  They’re now waiting to be labeled and bound, and that will be 2 more Clinton quilts ready to go in August/September.   
















 Then I got Andi’s quilt off of Miss Scarlett and wove in the bobbin ends on that one.  After all of that I decided I deserved a treat, so I dropped back to working on my next patriotic.  By dinnertime I was quite happy with my progress:  

this is Ginny's fabric!

 While I was quilting, Michael was in the back yard playing with Cookie when he discovered 2 huge cucumers hiding under the leaves (these are from the plant June gave me):



 I had made dough earlier in the day, so it was pizza for dinner…a classic Margarita pizza and it was awesome!   

basil from the garden

dead ripe tomatoes from Loree....YUM!

mozarella cheese

doesn't that look like it's from a pizzaria???





















































After dinner, Michael and I settled in with popcorn and the original re-make STAR TREK movie.  With the 3rd one coming out soon, we wanted to watch the first 2 first.  I finished off the polar fleece blanket I started a few nights ago, 




and then got a second one started and done as well :~) while watching, and by the time the movie was done…it was time for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.