Friday, July 1, 2016

charity day at Scrap Happy Quilting



Thursday morning (6/30) Michael headed out for 9 holes of golf with a friend of his (he came home with a 39 and was happy, happy, happy!!), while I packed up multiple packs of those no sew fleece blankets to take to quilting.  It was charity day for us and several people offered to help me start putting these blankets together.  Well…I totally underestimated Diane’s managerial capabilities….so I ran home and grabbed 10 more polar fleece packages and she got people to complete them all!!!   
















 WHOO HOO….they are all trimmed and fringe cut and tied on all 4 corners…Diane & Pat will be putting together a group of women in their pod to finish all of the tying.  And I can’t believe how many other people were at quilting, industriously working on all manner of charity projects…it was great to see (of course a bunch are also hiding in the kitchen as there were LOTS of breakfast goodies being shared):   






I stopped at the library on the way home to pick up a new book….of course that was a mistake as all I did in the afternoon was READ  :~).  We had pierogis for dinner (Mary Jo, the brand is PAULINA”S…..they are excellent!) and after dinner I headed downstairs for 1-1/2 hours to get a bit of sewing in.  After that it was snuggling with my honey and watching TV until bedtime.

1 comment:

  1. Quilting is simply a great idea to party your time and invest your talent in something really creative. Last to last week, I also attended a similar event at venues in Houston and it was quite a great experience.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.