Saturday, July 9, 2016

customer quilt done, 3rd veteran, dog applique quilt, pizza



I made up for my slothful Thursday behavior on Friday (7/8).  I was up early to finish the last rows on the current quilt.  I am very glad to be done with this quilt as the borders were quite a bit larger than the quilt, creating a challenging quilting opportunity  :~).  
she picked the heart motif I really like



 PLUS on the next to the last row, I didn’t notice that I had run out of bobbin thread BEFORE I forwarded my machine to the last row.  That’s always 45 minutes of a NOT FUN fix called “operator error”.  Oh well, after weaving in a bunch of ends, it’s done now.   

I moved on after that to the labeling and binding of the appliqué dog quilt that has been sitting on my table for MONTHS.

I was immeasurably cheered up when I signed onto my email after lunch to see a picture of the 3rd veteran receiving my quilt: 


 with the following message:

Thank you so much for your support of disabled vets. Last night I was able to meet with Andrew "Toby" McDaniel to present him with one of the quilts that you made. He loved the quilt and his caretaker said that he will use it right away. She said he generally asks for a blanket as soon as the sun goes down, so this quilt will be used immediately. I read the inscription that was on the quilt to Toby** and he said to "thank you very much". God bless you for what you have done for these vets. “

***in case you've forgotten, here's what the inscription/label says:

Thank  you  for  your  service  to  our  country;  you
are  an  American  Hero  and  you  have  my
gratitude.   This  quilt  was  made  to  honor  you  and
your  service  and  I  hope  it  will  continue  to  remind
you that  your  sacrifice  has  not  been  forgotten.



And again…I can’t wait to finish up some UFO’s so that I can start on another patriotic quilt!!!   

The dog UFO was totally finished by dinnertime:   
















 
I had leftover dough….leftover sauce….leftover cheese…so you know what that means….pizza for dinner (for me anyway…Michael cleaned up the pasta from Loree & Reg).   















Michael wanted to watch a bit of one of his own programs on TV, so I came downstairs to sew for an hour or sew.  I put together the binding for another UFO (the 3rd fish quilt) before heading upstairs.  We decided to read until 9:30, then watched a bit of TV before heading for bed.

2 comments:

  1. Fun customer quilt and nice heart design chosen for the quilting ! Thanks Toby AND Deb....

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's lovely that your quilt was appreciated! And I am happy to see you clearing out the UFOs. I'm trying to work on and complete things that were previously started. It's a great feeling of satisfaction. Now...off to think about what I might have for dinner. Pizza sounds really good. Not sure why that came to mind...

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.