Wednesday, July 13, 2016

new patriotic started, dinner at Firebirds



We were up early on Tuesday (7/12) because Matt (the computer guy) was coming at 8 AM.  He fixed all of our problems and Michael talked to him about getting a new computer for me.  Matt had a piece of blueberry coffee cake before he left!  My honey left shortly afterwards to visit the chiro and pick up a few things at LOWE’s, while I met with a woman who wants a quilt made out of her mother’s pants :~(…absolutely not something that I am willing to take on, but I know a fellow quilter who might, so we will talk on Thursday.  After that Pat stopped by to talk over a bunch of things.  I sewed for just a bit before Joanne picked me up for Stitch and Chat.  I spent the entire time ripping out a row from my newest patriotic quilt.  Ginny had this fabric that had a lot going on, and I couldn’t figure out how to cut it up, so I decided to just have it as a big center panel, with simple pinwheels around it.  That still turned out to be just too much going on:



so I’m going to put a thin, solid blue border around the center before adding pinwheels.  When I got home from S&C I found that my honey had picked up my new book at the library, so of course, I read until 4:30 when we left for dinner.  We went to FIREBIRD’s and got to use a very generous THANK YOU gift card from my friend Barbara.   

this loaf of bread....so cute and yummy!


As much as I am not a burger eater, someone told me they have great burgers, so I had the smokehouse burger and substituted asparagus for the steakhouse fries (this was a good move because as much as I would have loved the steakhouse fries, I would have been TOTALLY STUFFED if I had eaten them).   


 
Michael got filet mignon, with tater tots.  He said he felt silly ordering them with the filet, but I said why not?  He never gets them at home, so isn’t that what you’re supposed to order in a restaurant…something you don’t normally get?   



 The meal was terrific and our server was wonderful.  After dinner we headed to the movies to see FINDING DORY….a FABULOUS movie that everyone should go see.  But let me warn you….if you do go and see it….stay to the very end of the credits….totally worth it  :~).  We were home by 9:15 PM, and after quick phone conversations with Pat and Jan, I headed downstairs to get my bobbins wound for my newest quilt so that I could hit the ground running Wednesday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.