Tuesday, May 10, 2016

winning food trivia team



Michael left before 8 AM for golfing “off campus” on Monday (5/9), and I got busy finishing the quilting on the Prayers & Squares quilt.  This was a challenging quilt to complete, due to the double layer of fabric on the top (remember, we did “flip & sew” on the muslin squares.  I feel like I learned a lot and it will help me when I am doing my own bed quilt (once it gets done in the far, far distant future :~).  After that I packed up my lunch and headed to the lodge.  For Cooking Fingers in the month of May we do not have demo’s, instead everyone packs a picnic lunch and gets together.  I decided to make it extra special, and mixed up cougartini’s to take with me  :~).  We had a really fun time…they did a food trivia game, and the winning team (The Turkey Breasts) won the golden pineapple.  
 
presentation of the award

the winning team with their trophy































 I came home with just enough time to change my clothes and head back to the Lake House to go water walking with Pat.  After that I had a meeting with a board member and the new lifestyle director for Carolina Lakes.  Everything I've heard about her turned out to be true (unfortunately) and if the current Volunteer board doesn't fight for our club, we soon won't have a club left!  When I finally got back home at 4:30 I was pooped!  Michael was home shortly afterwards…and he was really beat from golfing and driving.  He took a quick nap while I heated up some leftovers for his dinner.  He had dinner and left for a Fort Mill board meeting and I headed to the library to pick up books, have a too quick talk with Paula and then headed over to Jan’s.  We talked until after 10 and when I came home I went straight to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.