Saturday, May 14, 2016

bread & cookies, landscaping our back garden


I started Friday (5/13) with a routine appointment with the doctor to go over my blood work.  My sugar is still elevated (not diabetic….yet!) and my cholesterol is elevated.  The outcome of this?  I’m still supposed to still be losing weight, and he is starting me on a very low dose of cholesterol medicine 3 times a week  :~(.  I came home and had breakfast and then started in with all of my baking.  I made bread 

(because the only reason to make meatloaf for dinner is the cold meatloaf sandwiches the rest of the week :~), and peanut butter cookies 


and mocha truffle fudge cookies.   



 The bread was for us (although we did give warm pieces of bread with butter (and in one case jam) to our contractors…and they were in heaven!) and the cookies are for selling at Fort Mill Theatre this evening.  We’re going to a magician/mentalist show with a group of friends and we said we would bring concessions.  By the time I was done it was late afternoon and I was pooped.  Michael was out at the driving range for an hour or 2, so I took a quick nap…mostly to put my feet up, since standing on them for so long really makes my legs and feet ache.  When he came home, we had dinner and he packed all of the cookies into labeled baggies.  We picked up Jan and Edee and headed to the theatre.  The show was WONDERFUL!  So many laughs and so very amazing.  I never can figure out how they do that stuff and it was just AWESOME!  I think everyone had a great time, and my friend Pat W was practically the STAR of the show.  She was on stage helping both the mentalist AND the magician.  These guys were truly great and I think they should come to Sun City and do a show.  Everyone in the car on the way home concurred.  We were home by 10:30 and read for a bit before bed.


I mentioned contractors up above.  They TOTALLY revamped our garden and it looks beautiful, I can hardly wait to get all of my containers planted and out on the stones….here’s the story in pictures:

Before (weed city):



yes...Michael dug up all of the bulbs to be replanted...somewhere



















During:


















After:






Next year we probably need to consider washing and painting the retaining wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.