Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Elsie, cinnamon buns, golf cart parade, Cookie & Elsie a duex, new patriotic quilt top continues


HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY!!!  We hopped up early Monday morning (5/30) to get the buns out of the fridge and ready for baking:

they rose beautifully overnight

Elsie was sleeping snuggly under one of our foot stools:   



We got the buns baked and iced 
















and headed off to Paula’s.  Sun City has a golf cart parade on Memorial Day: 




Segway Uncle Sam always participates


an honest-to-God Rolls Royce!!!





and Paula is on the parade route.  She always invites a bunch of neighbors/friends over for coffee, mimosas and pot luck brunch items:



















 The cinnamon buns were a big hit…we only came home with 1-1/2 buns.  When we got home, there was snuggling going on:
















 Michael and I finally got the tomato plant that Paula bought us potted on the deck and I sewed for most of the rest of the day.  I did have to take an hour off to get out 2 sets of minutes that I was behind on…one for Machine Embroidery and one for the Volunteer Chocolate Event happening in October.  I finished up the last blocks from the first 5 strata I had sewn:


And began working on the additional 5 sets of strata I need to finish the top of this quilt.  I headed upstairs at 8:30 to watch TV with my honey and sort some fabric.

2 comments:

  1. OK, I think I have to get THAT pattern of quilt as well. I LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really really enjoy seeing what we do in your blog- you R the Bestest!

    Michael

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.