Sunday, May 8, 2016

Elsie a duex, Thursday quilt on design wall



Michael left early for golf on Saturday (5/7) and I headed downstairs to get a bunch of stuff done on my computer.  Just as I was coming downstairs, I noticed Elsie decided to rest for a bit in Cookie’s bed again:   





















 After my paperwork, I had a bit of time and got several of my Thursday quilting blocks ironed:   



 I’m coming to the end of this project at quilting and have now started to think about what new quilt I will work on.  This is one of the choices:   

And I had a few strips left over from getting that together so I sewed those leftover strips onto more of my bed quilt muslin:


  Jan came by at lunch time and helped me to pick out some colors for another new quilt, then we headed to 521 BBQ for lunch.  Leslie (another Thursday quilter) was there, so she joined us for most of the lunch.  It was great to talk to her as she hasn’t been to quilting for several weeks; she's getting her house ready to put on the market.  I sewed a bit more on my Thursday quilt blocks in the afternoon and then got showered and dressed and we headed into Charlotte  This was our last concert for the symphony pops and it featured Bernadette Peters.  She looked AMAZING and her voice is still incredible at 68 years old.  The only thing Michael and I wished for was that she had done a few more songs we knew.  She mostly sings from the Steven Sondheim playbook and we’re just not that familiar with his work.  It was a long concert and we didn’t get home until 11:30.  I was beat and headed to bed, but Michael stayed up to watch THE AMAZING RACE and play with Cookie a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.