Sunday, May 15, 2016

finished quilting 2nd quilt, 2 more Clinton tops done



We both had breakfast on the deck Saturday (5/14) while reading the paper, then Michael headed out to walk Cookie and I headed to my studio.  If Friday was a totally kitchen day, Saturday was a totally studio day.  First up?  I finished quilting the second quilt:   



Then I dropped back to working on sewing my Thursday blocks together.  Michael and I decided we felt like Asian for dinner….so he ran to Red Bowl and picked up our order, and by shortly after dinner I had 2 more Clinton tops all sewn together:  

After that, we relaxed together and watched TV.

******************

So, I finally finished the 12th (and last so far) book in the series I’ve been reading.  A long time ago I read one book about a detective and a lawyer and 2 other ladies who solved murders.  I GOOGLE’d “ladies detective” and ended up with a list of books by Alexander McCall.  I ordered the first 4 books from the library (starting with THE NO 1 LADIES DETECITIVE AGENCY) and took them with me when we went to a beach house recently on vacation.  As I started to read the first book, it was immediately obvious that these were not the books I was originally thinking of…but they were strangely compelling none-the-less.  They are all set in Botswana, Africa and concern a woman who started a detective agency.  Although there is a bit of talk about snakes (it is Africa after all!), setting that aside I have enjoyed these books.  They are an easy read and I have really enjoyed getting to know the characters in the books and seeing how their lives have changed and getting to know a bit about Botswana and its history as well.  I would highly recommend the books, all available through the Indian Land Library.  If you need a list of the order of the books, just let me know, since you should definitely be reading them in order.

1 comment:

  1. speaking of snakes.... I STEPPED on one yesterday in the yard !!! Scared the heck out of me. It was about 2 feet long....Right in the middle of the lawn. :(

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.