Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Machine Embroidery Window, new customer quilt



We slept in a bit on Tuesday (5/3) and by the time I got done with the blog, my emails, and other computer work, it was time to head to the Lake House to help Pat put up our Machine Embroidery display window.  Here’s the explanation for the window:

Machine Embroidery SIG
3rd Monday of the month @ 1 PM

Many people have signs on their front doors indicating that guests should come right in.  Sometimes it is difficult to hear the doorbell if you are in your sunroom or on your back deck.  Of course, as Machine Embroidery Club members we felt we could create something better than just some ripped piece of paper, scotch taped to our doors….so our challenge was to make some embroidered sign to hang on our door/door knob/door bell/etc, indicating what it is we would like our guests to do.  The results of our contest are displayed here.

And here are some of the signs:




I LOVE this one....


and this one too....excellent!

The window looks great….but Pat thinks we need one more  large sign….so I’m going to try to do one.  Even though the contest is over, Michael & I DEFINITELY need a sign like this for OUR house  :~).  Pat & I stayed to have lunch and I got home after 1:30.  I spent the next 1-1/2 hours pulling my sign embroidery together and getting set up to stitch it out.  And the rest of the afternoon stitching on a new customer quilt:

 and stitching out my door sign.  Michael and I had leftovers for dinner, then he left to pick up Larry for the movies (I think they saw something called “CRIMINAL”) and I headed over to Jan’s to spend some time together.  Jan has made the very difficult decision to place Walt in a 24/7 care facility.  He is not getting any better and it is impossible for her to care for him at home.  Even though it might be for the best…this has been an agonizing decision for her.  I got home after 10 and read with my honey for just a bit before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.