Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Jerri's tea, BG & surprise at airport



I was going to head out Tuesday morning to buy more pots and my garden plants for this year….but since I decided I wouldn’t get a chance to plant until Sunday, I decided to wait until then to go.  Instead I got a tiny bit of sewing done before running Michael up to the lodge at 9 AM for more technical rehearsals, and then running by Harris Teeter on the way home for 5-2 pound bags of shrimp.  Harris Teeter had them on sale, buy 2 get 3 free, so I found 2 neighbors/friends to share with.  When I got to Pat’s to drop off the shrimp, she invited me in for breakfast and chatting, so I ended up coming home with just enough time to shower and dress and head off to Jerri’s for “tea”.   
 
our lovely hostess

OMgosh the food!!!  I cannot even begin to tell you all of the yummy things she had for us to eat….balls of cantaloupe and cubes of watermelon…..cucumber slices and pickles…roasted asparagus and rolls…stuffed chicken breasts and roasted red potatoes….caprese salad…even parfaits of chocolate mousse….oh my!   


everything was a soft pink...the flowers were SPECTACULAR!


Willa (bottom left), me, Jerri, Loree, June (Sue is taking the picture)
















 Everything was FABULOUS and I was very sad to leave early to get to my cooking class at the Lake House.  I was even sadder when I finally got there, only to find the class had been cancelled :~(.  I stopped at Paula’s on the way home (we were both going to the class) and we talked for quite awhile before I headed home.  My honey was home from rehearsal and we both had leftover Chinese for dinner before Larry picked him up to go to the movies.  I got to sew for a bit before leaving at 8:30 to pick up BG at the airport.  I see BG and pull over and jump out of the car and run over to hug her.  While I’m hugging her, a woman comes up behind her and says “do you have room for me?”  It’s MARY JO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   
Mary Jo & BG
I think she’s deaf because I’m sure I screamed in her ear when I hugged her.   You wouldn’t have wanted to be in our car on the way home…there was too much talking and laughing and screaming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  We came home and surprised Michael with our unexpected guest….we talked for over an hour, and finally everyone collapsed into bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.