Monday, May 23, 2016

champagne, garden flowers



Michael took Cookie for a walk first thing Sunday morning (5/22), while I drank tea and read the paper.  Afterwards I headed downstairs to work on borders for the INKED UP quilt.  I really thought I would get them all done, but I was just too tired.  Getting up early with BG and staying up late with Mary Jo just wore me out  :~).  It was a wonderful visit and I had the BEST time with both of them!!!  I got my border strips cut and all sewn together, but that’s as far as I went.  The rest of the day was spent reading my book and napping  :~).  Michael had a matinee in the afternoon, and when he came home he packed for his Pinehurst trip.  Then he got cleaned up and headed out to the cast party.  He stayed for a little over an hour, then came home to celebrate the end of the play:   

 We watched TV the rest of the evening and finally headed to bed.

The recent rains have really made our flowers explode…our canna lilies in the front reseeded themselves: 





















and after 2 years of no flowers, I am finally getting hydrangeas again this year:






I am hoping to go shopping at the end of this week to get our back garden going....I'm looking for tomato plants, some herbs and some flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.