Monday, May 16, 2016

cutting fabric for new quilts, Elsie a duex, Lisa's birthday party



Michael took off for golfing on Sunday (5/15) which means I will be totally screwed up on what day it is this week :~).  When he changes his normal golf schedule (which is Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays), I seem to never get the week days straight!  But, I headed to my studio and had a good time.  I have started a new project for my Thursdays at quilting, so I spent the beginning of the morning getting my 1/2 square triangles ironed (I sewed these last Thursday):  

Then I took quite a bit of time cutting my “free for the taking” fabric into 9-1/4 inch squares, and cutting my additional coordinating colors into 7-1/2 inch squares:




 Now I’m all set to take this every Thursday to work on until it is done.  I think I have enough squares for a single bed quilt…so that means it will go to Sterling School when it is done.  I like cutting all of my fabric at home as my tables are the perfect height for me.   
After that I had some leftover fabric I wanted to get rid of (the solid looking blue stuff), so I found more coordinating fabric in my stash and cut it all up into 7 inch squares:  


 I don’t have the right color of pink in my stash, so I’ll be looking for 1-1/2 yards when we go shopping on Wednesday.  I'm not making anything fancy with this, just sewing the squares to each other.  The fabric is so beautiful I don't want to cut it into smaller pieces.  Michael came home VERY late from golfing……one of the guys in his foursome got a hole in one!!!!  So, they stayed to celebrate just a bit.   


Elsie enjoyed hearing the golfing story too!



















By the time we got done talking, it was time to get cleaned up and head on over to Pat & George’s house.  Pat’s daughter is visiting for several weeks and Pat had a small birthday party for her.   
Pat also made the ham & cheese roll ups....yum!!

Andi (a neighbor) and Lisa














She LOVES anything with Leonardo DiCaprio, so many of her gifts revolved around that theme…but the cake was truly exceptional:   
 
Lisa as the cake approaches....


 
her face as she sees what's on the cake

 
yes...an actual EDIBLE picture of Leonardo



 
making a wish....no doubt about Leo!

















































The cake was a 2 layer chocolate ice cream cake, with additional chocolate cake layers and a chocolate candy coating….OMG!!!  It was outstanding.  Pat invited 3 other couples to the party, and it was nice talking to them.  We were home around 9 PM and watched TV for the rest of the evening.

1 comment:

  1. great pictures - of our GREAT life!!!

    love you

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.