Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Penny in "Downton Abbey"


I spent early Monday morning (5/16) on the computer while Michael took Cookie for a walk.  Then we had breakfast together…I made a mushroom, onion & cheese omelet to fortify me for a busy day.  I left the house around 10 AM and didn’t get back until almost 4 PM!!  First up was a Volunteers meeting….this took almost 1-1/2 hours, when it only should have taken 50 to maybe 60 minutes.  I have had more than a few people tell me that they miss me running the meetings….and after today I TOTALLY understand.  In my opinion, that meeting should have taken well under an hour….oh well  :~(.  I ran home, kissed my honey, changed the golf cart for the car and headed over to Barb’s house.  She did the demo today at Machine Embroidery (in the afternoon) and I carried her sewing machine up from the basement and then we headed to the Lake House.  It was a very lively meeting…although I’m not sure we decided a lot of things  :~).  One of our members is leaving Tuesday on the QE2 to visit her boyfriend in England.  She made a “Downton Abbey” costume to wear at a party on board: 
isn't this fantastic?  she even made the hat!
 
 
Barb gave her demo and after I dropped her off back home, I headed home myself.  I got caught up on my emails, then made a run of chocolate pudding before my honey got home from a LOOO_O_NG technical rehearsal for the play.  We talked a bit about the rehearsal…he cannot WAIT until this play is over and he will NEVER try out for anything here again.  I keep telling him in less than a week, it will be over, but I don’t think it’s helping :~(.  Anyway, we had dinner and he left for a golf meeting (he is going to Pinehurst with a group of guys next week and get they get together before they leave to iron out the details) and after putting together my version of an ice box cake (trying to get ready for a cooking thing with Paula in June), I headed to my studio.  I got both of my recent quilts trimmed and started to sew together squares for a new quilt.  Michael came home after 9 PM and we watched a bit of TV before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.