Sunday, May 29, 2016

garden planting, Leila's quilt started, start of patriotic strata



I have to give a big SHOUT OUT to Debbie & Claude.  Thanks to their timely delivery of an anniversary card, Michael and I realized it was our anniversary yet again :~).  We were hoping to do some kind of special dinner Saturday to celebrate, but it didn't work out that way...it doesn't matter...we had a wonderful anniversary anyway. 

Jan called me early Saturday morning (5/28) and we ran to Harris Teeter.  She bought 2 packages of oreo thins for me, and I bought 2 as well.  I asked Paula to buy 2 also, and that should be enough to get my through my icebox cake demonstration for SWEET & SAVORY in June.  When I got home, MIchael had already left for golf (eventually coming home with an 88, so he was pleased).  The sun hadn’t reached the backyard yet, so I headed out to get some planting done.  I got my 3 roma tomato plants in and my basil seeds planted…


I always plant basil seeds...it's so easy to grow from seed



























By then I was hot and sweaty so I headed inside…I’ll do the rest of the flowers and herbs tomorrow.   

I have these pots plus a bunch of seeds

 I started quilting Leila’s quilt (she always picks the cutest fabric…I love this baby quilt) 
















 and also pulled out some new fabric.  My friend Ginny had quite a bit of red/cream/blue in her stash and I plundered it to begin 2 new patriotic quilts.  Jan is teaching a class at quilting in July called “hidden wells”.  She hasn’t been able to find her old directions as yet, so I thought I’d do my 2 new patriotic quilts in that pattern, and take pictures of what I am doing along the way, so that she could use them if she needs to.  I headed over to Pat’s in the late afternoon, just to chat and was there for almost THREE HOURS!!!!  When I got home, Michael had already eaten dinner and was making popcorn.  Since Pat filled me up with cheese & crackers & spinach dip for MY dinner, I said yes to the popcorn and headed downstairs.  Michael watched a movie and I got a little bit further on my patriotic strata.   



Around 10 I wandered upstairs to watch TV with my honey before bed.

1 comment:

  1. So fun to see my quilt in the blog! "I'm somebody!" The quilting is perfect for that quilt! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.