Saturday, May 7, 2016

Mediterranean Salad, Cookie & Elsie a trois, Susan & Jim, Evelyn & Phil



I had routine blood work on Friday morning (5/6), then swung by WALMART for a few things.  When I got home I had a long phone call with Jan, and then got started on my Mediterranean Salad for dinner.   

 I think it tastes better if it has a chance to meld, so I got that all done and finally headed to my studio for a few hours in the afternoon.  I’ve been cutting fabric for several quilts, and for one of them I’m not sure I like all of the squares I have cut out.  I think they look too much alike….I’ll have to set them aside for a bit and mull over my selections. Michael came down when he got home from the driving range, so of course we had other furry company: 

if I ignore her will she go away?
hmmm...that didn't work

I guess I can play nice....after all she IS my sister

 At 4 PM I headed upstairs to get ready for our guests.  I got the chicken all cut up for Michael to put on the grill and chopped and marinated my veggies (yellow squash, zucchini, mushrooms and a huge red onion) for him to grill as well:
these were a BIG hit

I put together popover dough (my last of the season…I swear…I’ve made more popovers over this last fall & winter than I have in the whole of my life previously!  I was very glad the recipe could easily be halved….that made it nice to make them any time Michael and I had soup).  Susan & Jim and Evelyn & Phil showed up at 5 PM 

Phil & Susan

Jim

Evelyn

and pronounced everything wonderful.  After dinner we played several hands of SEVENS (the card game from Paula) before settling in for our regular MEXICAN TRAIN DOMINOS.  



 We stopped at 8 PM to have Coconut Cream Pie, then played a couple more hands before everyone left.  I just read my book after that for a bit before heading to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.