Sunday, May 22, 2016

Jan & BG, quilt #3, more blocks for more quilts, BG's 3 quilts



BG and I ran to Harris Teeter first thing Saturday morning (5/21) to pick up cinnamon buns…and Jan came over for breakfast.  She came downstairs to see the progress we were making: 


then headed off to visit with Walt.  BG worked all morning and early afternoon finishing the quilting on quilt #3, 

I don't think I've used this pattern before...














 while I continued to work on my ALL INKED UP blocks.  They were finally done about the time BG finished up trimming and sewing in her bobbin ends on all of her quilts:  

BG did bring a 4th quilt with her in case we had time, but instead she helped me to cut out more blocks.  I had only intended to make one of this ALL INKED UP pattern: 

all ready for black borders to make a Sterling School quilt

but BG and I both thought it was so beautiful that we went into my stash and found 24 fabrics that went together and I cut a strip of each (then sub-cut into 4 10-1/2 inch blocks) for 2 more quilts:















 Michael and I had dinner (BG didn’t really want anything on her stomach while she was traveling), then I ran him up to the Lodge for the 3rd performance.  Shortly after that Pat swung by and the 3 of us took off for the airport.  Somehow BG managed to fit all 3 quilts into her suitcase (these are all gifts of her cousins in Arkansas):
 





 It was a wonderful visit, but I was certainly sad to see BG go  :~(.  Pat and I made a quick stop at Joann’s on the way home, but we were home by 8 PM.  I read my book until it was time to pick up Michael at 9:30 and then we both continued to read until bedtime.   

BG did not end up getting home until AFTER 3 AM ….planes were delayed due to the thunder/lightning storms :~(.

1 comment:

  1. I do not see much of a difference. I do see the changes but I have no preference in which one is better. They all are great looking.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.